Erie County offers many career development opportunities for all employees, including the following:
- County employees enjoy free access to the leading provider of online training for local governments, which includes 300+ courses covering law enforcement, corrections, public health, emergency management, information technology and other specific county-related fields. Some of these courses are state-approved for continuing education credits (CEUs) or other training requirements.
Employee Engagement Seminars
- The Ice House Employee Engagement Program is designed to inspire and encourage employees to adopt an entrepreneurial mindset in their everyday lives. The program allows them to open lines of communication, collaborate with other departments and improve processes countywide. The program draws upon fundamental concepts from the book “Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur” by Clifton Taulbert and Gary Schoeniger. The Ice House program has been adopted in organizations nationwide.
New and current supervisors/managers receive hands-on training in:
- Leadership and communication styles
- Key policies and union contract considerations
- Performance management and coaching
- Interviewing and hiring the best candidates
- Case studies and sharing best practices
- Employee recognition
On-going, position-specific training is also provided.